Pages

« ... j'ai cru qu'on pouvait définir l'aventure : un événement qui sort de l'ordinaire, sans être forcément extraordinaire. On parle de la magie des aventures […] Pour que l'événement le plus banal devienne une aventure, il faut et il suffit qu'on se mette à le raconter…»

- Jean-Paul Sartre, 1938

Thursday, January 13, 2011

And I'm Off!

Twas the night before Paris when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring....except for me.
The suitcases were packed and zipped up with care,
In hopes that under 50 lb they would tare!
--------------------

This is my first time keeping a travel blog and I'm really excited about using it as a way to record all my adventures, post pictures, and keep family and friends up-to-date. I'm currently sitting in the airport, waiting for my flight which leaves in an hour! I've had an interesting morning stuffing last-minute items into my bags, and dramatically getting a horrible paper cut the minute I was supposed to be walking out the door, but besides the fact that I'm admittedly a little nervous, I'm mostly just really, really excited!

And with that, I'll be turning off my American phone, so you may reach me through Skype from now on. More updates to come soon when I'm settled in Paris.

Au revoir, United States!

3 comments:

  1. oh yay, safe travels carin! love the banner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a blast! I want my virtual tour of Montmartre!!!
    (ha, one every day so I have something to look forward to) :)

    ReplyDelete